Monday, June 27, 2011

Welcome

Hey guys. Thanks for checking out my blog--by the way, this is my first blog post ever so don't be too hard on me. It's good to know that there are some people out there who actually care enough about what I'm doing to read about it. So, for my first official post, I thought I'd share a funny story with you that actually happened this morning.

This summer marks my last semester as an undergraduate architecture student. I have an elective entitled, Boston: The City & The Sea. Basically, the class is about Boston's history and how being on the waterfront has effected the shape of the city over time. Part of this class is weekly site visits to various places around the Boston Harbor. Today, we we are the Charlestown Navy Yard, pictured here:


As our class was walking along, a golden retriever ran around the corner, past the hands of several students waiting to pet him, and he went under the chains. As you can see on the far side of the pier, there are steps that go down to the water. The dog disappeared below the concrete, out of sight.

Sure enough, a lady came running behind the dog, who was now out of sight, and the class directed her to the area that the golden had disappeared at. When she arrived at the steps, he emerged back on land, soaking wet. After he shook off, a yellow lab came around the corner, also unleashed, and met the golden retriever.

I'm sure the exchange went something like this:

Golden: "Hey! Look, what I found!"
Lab: "Wow, let's go check it out!"

And off both dogs went back down to the water for an early morning swim. Of course, all this time, our professor was still talking....to approximately zero students as all of us were much more entertained by the dogs than we were by hearing about connections of the Tobin Bridge and the Zachim Bridge.

Okay, so the story doesn't seem that funny now. Maybe you had to be there. Maybe I didn't tell it very well. That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment