Friday, March 23, 2012

Product Review: 8" Thinsulate Bean Boots

Manufacturer: L.L. Bean
Retail Price: $99.00 (www.llbean.com)

I did a post a few weeks ago about the L.L. Bean Bean Boots, better known as the Duck Boot. Prep Essentials: LL Bean Duck Boots. I got my first pair this year, and New England did get a couple of snowy days this year that I was able to try them out.

First off, these boots are extremely comfortable. At first they were a little stiff, but when I took them out of the box, I laced them up tight, and the leather broke in pretty quickly after that. Not only that, but they are also warm. Even on the days that I wore them into work with only my dress socks under them, my feet stayed warm. I felt like a little kid again, as I would trample through snow piles, or walking through rain puddles, just to see if my feet would stay warm and dry--and they did.

Driving in these boots was a little shaky at first. Obviously, these boots are stiffer and bigger than shoes, so it took me a little while to get a feel for the pedals. Nothing too major, but my stops and starts were a little quicker than most passengers would prefer a driver to have. I can only assume that this gets better as the boots break in more.

The boots are available in a wide variety of styles, colors, and insulation materials to choose from. As spring is upon us, and it will inevitably rain, the moccasins could come in quite handy for keeping for feet dry this spring. To see the full selection, head on over to LL Bean and take a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment