Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Apartment Update

Last night, I signed the papers for my apartment! I will be moving all of my things in on Saturday. The process since last night has been a little crazy. This morning, I ordered a box spring and mattress and sofa with ottoman so I can have something to sit on, and something to sleep on. Thanks to Bob's Discount Furniture, I was able to get both pieces for a very affordable price. However, the furniture delivery will take place after I move in, so it looks like I will be purchasing an air mattress for those first few days.

I've also been in contact with Verizon Fios this morning to get the apartment set up for cable and internet. Unfortunately, they're a little behind thanks to that storm we just had, so I will be without cable and internet at home until Tuesday, November 15.

The third thing to take care of was renting a moving truck. I reserved a U-haul van for Saturday morning. Looks like I'm all set for the move. Except for the issue of getting the key. The previous tenant isn't done moving out, even though my lease started yesterday. Not to worry, I will get $25 back for everyday that she prevents me from moving in.

Side note: the power is still out in New Hampshire. This morning I heard that there are still 85,000 people without power. It may be as late as tomorrow at midnight by the time we get it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment