Thursday, July 7, 2011

Product Review: Shep Shirt

Photo from the Vineyard Vines website
Manufacturer: Vineyard Vines (www.vineyardvines.com)
Retail Price: $98.50

This weekend, I tested out this shirt on Long Beach Island, New Jersey--at night temperatures dropped to the low 70's with a cool breeze coming in off of the ocean. I wore it around town and on the beach that night, and the shirt was great.

The Shep Shirt is extremely comfortable--much like that of the softest crew neck sweatshirt available. It fit great and was extremely comfortable all over. I'm 6'1" with a 34" waist, and a medium fit me perfectly. The small zipper lets air get to your body so it is great for summer nights--especially if you are going to be out on a boat. My only complaint was that I kept wanting to put my hands in the pockets of the Shep Shirt, which don't exist. If the retail price of $98.50 seems a bit steep for you, be patient; Vineyard Vines frequently has sales, so be sure sign up for their mailing list.

Also, if you're going to buy this shirt, be particularly careful of your girlfriend stealing it. I was constantly making note of where I had taken the shirt off so it didn't "accidentally" wind up in her luggage. However, ladies, Vineyard Vines now makes a female Shep Shirt so you won't have to keep trying to steal it from the man in your life. I would recommend this shirt to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment