Monday, July 25, 2011

Weekend Recap

My apologies to my loyal reader or two for not posting anything besides a song on Friday. There were some more pressing issues--school. I have two weeks of classes left, which means a week from Friday I have a big design project due so I will be rather busy in the next two weeks. Hopefully at the end of two weeks, the degree will lead to a job with income, and this blog has no income so I'd say school is the bigger priority.

Saturday was a pretty boring day, yet I'm still going to write about it. Since temperatures were in the 100's in Boston Saturday and I don't have A/C, I decided to go to the architecture studio and get some work done. I ended up working for almost 6 hours on a 3D computer model. That night I went to a bar, Tavern in the Square, in Allston with some of my buddies and had a couple of drinks. A 34-year-old woman started talking to me, but I decided she was a little old for me.

Sunday was more fun. Much more fun. I went up to Newburyport, MA with Allison and Laura. It was one of those trips that wasn't planned: we just set the GPS to downtown Newburyport and went. We walked along the waterfront, went to some of the local shops in town, and had lunch. Going to the shops was probably more fun for the girls--if I remember correctly, every store we went into except one, The Black Dog, was a little boutique type shop that only sold women's clothes. They did have an antique market there that was pretty cool to check out. You never know what vintage stuff you'll find at a market. Allison found a mink shawl for $55 that she was pretty happy about.

On the way home we stopped at a Christmas Tree Shop. This was Laura's first trip to a Christmas Tree Shop, and of course she loved it. All three of us found a couple of great bargains, as always--including a drinking game that involves fishing for fish with instructions to 'take a shot' on them. Back to the daily grind today.

Newburyport waterfront. Yes, another panorama.

No comments:

Post a Comment