Friday, July 1, 2011

Songs of America Taking You into the Weekend

At about 3:30 today, I will begin my trip down to Tuckerton, New Jersey, where I will be spending my 4th of July weekend. While I'm there, I don't plan on updating my blog at all. Tuesday afternoon, I will be flying home to Indiana, and will continue to update from there. Since I won't be posting any new songs between now and Tuesday, I'm leaving y'all with my 5 favorite songs about America. Enjoy. Also, in the midst of all your festivities this weekend, remember that freedom isn't free. Many men and women gave their lives for this country, for its values, and for you. To them, I say thank you. This blog supports our troops in all of their efforts to keep us safe and free. God bless.

5. Arlington by Trace Adkins

4. Fortunate Son by Credence Clearwater Revival


3. Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue (The Angry American) by Toby Keith


2. God Bless the USA by Lee Greenwood


1. The Star Spangled Banner performed by Jim Cornelison of the Chicago Blackhawks


Okay, so I really like this song, too, so I'm adding it as a bonus. It's American Soldier by Toby Keith.

No comments:

Post a Comment