Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Big Three

Women have purses. Who knows what they carry in them. I'm sure there's a lot of variety from woman to woman as to exactly what goes into the purse--some have entire drug stores, some have entire liquor stores, and some have more surprises than Mary Poppins. Honestly, I'm afraid to even ask/look at what most women carry in their purse.

However, men really only have three things that they need to carry with them. Some may have others, like a pocket knife, or other tool, but there are really three basic needs that men have when they go out. Well, the three things they need, plus whatever items a lady has given him to be in charge of for the night. Conveniently, all three of the man needs comfortably in the pockets of any pair of chinos or jeans. A simple tap on each of the three pockets before going out the door is a fresh reminder that you have everything you need. On the other hand, going out without one of these items when it's not needed will be the cause of constant mini heart attacks because you don't have it. Like most things with guys, the reason for needing them is obvious. The essentials:


1. Cell Phone
I keep mine in my front left pocket. Times that it has accidentally been put in the front right pocket has lead to numerous split second freak outs because I thought I had lost my phone. It was immediately returned to the proper pocket. The cell phone is essential because it allows you to keep in contact with everyone (only in emergencies if you're out with other people), and now you can play endless games, watch videos, and surf the web. It's like a hand held laptop that allows you call and text.

2. Wallet
Mine is always kept in my back right pocket. I know a lot of guys keep their wallet in the back left pocket, but since I'm right-handed, it's easier for me to reach for my wallet with my right hand. Having the wallet is important because it holds so much essential stuff: cash, debit and credit cards, ID. I also keep business cards, frequent flyer cards, and a few loyal customer cards in my wallet. Wallets come in many different materials, colors, and styles, but I've always preferred a black (fake) leather tri-fold.  





3. Keys
Yes, if you're wondering, that is a picture of my actual keyring. I keep it in the front right pocket. The keyring holds the keys to my Jeep and my apartment, my rewards program cards (although, I think I can get rid of the Borders one now), and the key chain. Mine is a lacrosse key fob, but the key chain is an chance to have some self-expression in The Big Three. My office keys are kept in my briefcase because I rarely use them, and bulging pockets look good on exactly no one.




The Big Three: don't leave home without them!

No comments:

Post a Comment