Wednesday, March 21, 2012

NCAA Hockey Predictions

The 2012 NCAA Frozen Four tournament starts on Friday. Although only 16 teams make the tournament, it's very hard to predict. With fewer teams making the field, the lowest seed can beat the highest seed in the first round. My Frozen Four consists of Michigan, Union, Western Michigan, and Boston College. I haven't seen Union play, but Michigan, Western, and BC have been playing very well as of late, and I think all 3 teams will make it deep into the tournament.

As you can see, I struggled with BU. They were playing really well at the start of the year, but after losing the Beanpot Championship to BC, they just haven't looked as sharp lately. They also fell to Maine in the Hockey East semi-finals. The team has had a lot of distractions this season (two rape allegations), and ultimately, I just don't see them doing very well this tournament.

No comments:

Post a Comment