Friday, March 16, 2012

Question 2: Describe 3 Legitimate Fears You Have And How They Became Fears

1. Ladders: I'm not entirely sure how this became a fear. I just absolutely hate ladders. It's really bad; even by the 4th or 5th rung I start getting nervous. Lately I've realized that I do okay on the ladder once I'm not climbing anymore (like if I'm painting and am stationary for a while), but am incredibly nervous if I'm climbing up or down the ladder. I also usually do okay with pretty much anything else dealing with heights. It's weird.

2. Letting Other People Down: Again, I'm not sure exactly how this became a fear. Maybe fear isn't the best word, but I'm going to go with it. It's not that I'm afraid that I will let them down; I actually am very confident in my abilities to follow through with everything, and do what is expected of me. I just know that when someone gives me something to do, or if I give someone my word, I don't want to drop the ball. I do everything I can to make sure I follow through. Maybe I'm just afraid of that person thinking less of me if I do fail.

3. Being Able to Financially Support a Family: This fear started pretty recently. Having a job, and a less-than-stellar economy, I can support myself. I'm just not sure I could support others, too. The job I have now is pretty low-paying, and I see little to no room for advancements/raises. I currently have to pay rent, gas, electric, cable/internet, and a car payment, which I manage, but there's not too much extra spending money left over very often. I don't think I could support others. Plus, my apartment is pretty small, and having even two people living it would be a challenge. I would need a bigger place, and therefore, the cost of rent would go up. Hopefully, the economy will get better and employment opportunities will be better, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment