Sunday, August 28, 2011

Mr. Right

Has anyone ever seen Up in the Air? There's a scene in it where Natalie Keener, played by Anna Kendrick, describes her ideal, dream guy. Here's the description:

"Sometimes it feels like, no matter how much success I have, it's not gonna matter until I find the right guy. I could have made it work, he really fit the bill, you know. White collar, 6'1, college grad, loves dogs, likes funny movies, brown hair, kind eyes, works in finance but is outdoorsy. I always imagined he'd have a single syllable name like Matt or John or Dave. In a perfect world, he drives a 4Runner and the only thing he loves more than me is his golden lab. And a nice smile."

Why do I like this description so much? Easy. She basically described me. Let's take a look, shall we?

White Collar: Architecture Degree, check.
6'1: 6'1 exactly, check.
College Grad: As of August 21, 2011, check.
Loves dogs: Big check.
Likes funny movies: check.
Brown hair: check.
Kind eyes: check.
Works in finance: not quite...
Outdoorsy: I like the beach, camping, hiking, check.
Single Syllable Name: Matt, check.
Drives a 4Runner: Well, a Grand Cherokee is really close.
Golden Lab: Golden Retriever and Yellow Lab are my favorite dog breeds, check.
Nice Smile: check.
Final Score: 11.5 out of 13. I'm giving myself a half point for the Grand Cherokee.

No comments:

Post a Comment