Monday, August 1, 2011

Nicest Rejection Letter Ever

After writing my post on Tucker Blair a couple of weeks ago, I got to thinking. I ended up sending my resume to Taylor Llewellyn, owner and founder of Tucker Blair. Unfortunately, they weren't hiring, but the e-mail he sent back was by far the nicest I've received. I've sent my resume to over 100 companies this summer, only ten or so have even bothered to reply telling me "no." This just further proves to me that Tucker Blair is a quality company that has integrity. If you get a chance, they are definitely worth giving business too. Here's a copy of the e-mail Mr. Llewellyn sent me:

Matthew,

Thanks a lot for your thoughtful note.  You look like a great candidate with a lot to offer.  Right now we’re not adding any bodies to our team.  I would suggest looking at www.bonobos.com and let me know if you’d like an intro there.  They’re expanding their team a lot and might have an opening.


I’ll let you know if anything opens up at TB.


Stay in touch!


Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment