Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Nantucket Trip

So, now I'm rewinding to Friday, August 12. This summer, Allison had an internship at the Improper Bostonian magazine. They needed someone to assemble IKEA furniture for them that day, and I got volunteered to do it. If you've ever assembled furniture from IKEA, you know what a pain it is to do. The instructions have no words, only pictures, and the different parts are not labeled at all. I put together two desks, a table, and two filing cabinets. It took about 4 hours, but at the end of the day I got paid with about $400 in local restaurant gift cards. That night, we went to one of the restaurants, Rock Bottom Brewery, for dinner.

Allison and I on Nantucket.
The next day started bright and early at 6:15. Allison and I planned to catch the 9:15 ferry from Hyannis to Nantucket. I'd been to Martha's Vineyard several times before, but never to Nantucket, and we were both pretty excited about the day trip. We got to the island at 11:30 and found a couple slices of pizza for lunch. We spent the rest of the day blindly exploring downtown Nantucket's shops, and some of the eateries. Some of the highlights of our trip included: In the Pink, Murray's Toggery Shop, Vineyard Vines, and Nantucket Brand Clothiers, where I got a nice seersucker blazer. We had dinner by the water, at a place that had some delicious fried shrimp. Unfortunately, I don't remember the name of it. After a full day, we caught the 5:30 ferry back to Hyannis, and docked at 7:45. We made it back to Boston a little after 9. It turned out to be a long, but great day. I am very excited about any potential future trips to Nantucket.

No comments:

Post a Comment