Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Product Review: Costa Del Mar Caballito

Picture from Costa's website.
Manufacturer: Costa Del Mar (www.costadelmar.com)

Retail Price: Starting at $129.00

For months, I'd been hearing about how great Costa Del Mar sunglasses are. I saved up some money, and finally bought a pair for myself. Let me tell you, they certainly lived up to the hype. Costa teamed up with Kenny Chesney, promoting his 2011 Goin' Coastal Tour, by manufacturing limited edition Kenny sunglasses. Since he is my favorite singer, I got a pair of the limited edition in this model, which was a little pricier.

The clarity of these sunglasses is amazing. I've used them for just bopping around town, driving, and to the beach. Even when facing the sun, there is no glare (and I got the cheapest lenses), and the color quality is amazing. At first I thought it was funny that when looking at my iPhone's screen, there was a hint of the color spectrum on the screen, but a buddy of mine later explained to me that this happened with any pair of polarized sunglasses. So, yeah, this is the first pair of polarized glasses I've owned.

These sunglasses were designed with fishermen in mind, and I think they have satisfied their primary clientele. When wearing these, the water was easier to see in, and it kept the usual glare off sun off the water, out of my eyes. I wasn't fishing when I had these on, but many consumers report being able to see fish in the water that their peers can't. My experience would certainly lead me to believe that they were right.

I would definitely recommend these to anyone looking for a pair of quality sunglasses. They were a huge step up from Oakley and Ray-Ban, which I had been wearing before.

Side note, they're also great in that they are shaped in away that allows you to wear croakies and a backwards hat comfortably.

1 comment:

  1. I’m really interested in buying these but can only get them online in Canada. If you could help me it would be greatly appreciated. What is the measurement from the temple bend all the way around to the other temple bend? Temple bend is where it starts to bend around the ear. As if you had a measuring tape from the top of your ear around your face, over your eyes to the other ear.

    Like this: http://www.tiikoni.com/tis/view/?id=4784134

    ReplyDelete