Monday, September 19, 2011

My Friends' Wedding

The look.
On Saturday, two of my friends got married at the Marina Grand Resort in New Buffalo, Michigan. The resort is on Lake Michigan, next to the New Buffalo Yacht Club. It was a small wedding, only about 30-40 people, but still very nice. The ceremony took place on the resort's roof deck, and, thankfully, the weather was beautiful.

Heather and Mike worked together in high school, for a freight company. They had seen each other around, but never crossed paths enough to really get to know each other. That's where I came in. I knew Mike from church, and had met Heather in driver's ed in 2003.

In 2008, Heather took me to Steak 'n Shake, where she had me text Mike and get things set up for their first date. Interestingly enough, their first date was a movie, and then dinner at Steak 'n Shake. They've been dating for the past 3 years, and, as of Saturday, are now married. They left for their honey moon in the Dominican Republic yesterday morning.

To be honest, during the ceremony, and the meal at the reception I was pretty bored. Really, the only people there that I knew were in the wedding party, so I didn't get  chance to talk to anyone until after the meal when everyone was out on the dance floor. It ended up being a really fun experience, though. And, of course, I'm very happy for my two friends.

The vows.
The view.
The bride and groom.

The maid of honor and bride.

No comments:

Post a Comment