Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Waiting Game

Having just come back from my seventh interview, the biggest thing I've learned is that most of trying to find a job is simply waiting. It starts with sending out a resume. On average, a company will have your resume for about a week before they get back to you to schedule an interview. The interview time they schedule will probably be a week after that. Of course, the interview I just had, they had my resume for four weeks, and then scheduled an interview for the next day when they contacted me.

Then, you go in for your interview with lasts 30-90 minutes. After that, it's more waiting. Most places take a week, sometimes two weeks, to pick a candidate. If you are selected, in most cases, it'll be about another week before you start. So, let's recap....4 weeks of waiting, with only 30-90 minutes of doing something yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment